High School Miserable

April 5, 2016

Don’t lie. You know you have every word memorized to “We’re All in This Together” from High School Musical, and when a song from the movie comes on Pandora, you find yourself singing along. I don’t know about you, but the High School Musical trilogy was a huge part of my childhood. So, when everyone saw all over twitter that they would be making a High School Musical 4, we were all really excited, right? Wrong.

Sure, I have dreamed of a fourth movie coming out ever since the conclusion of the third movie just to see where the Wildcats ended up. Did Sharpe ever come back to help Mrs. Darbus with the drama department? How often did Troy make the 32.7 mile commute to see Gabriella at Stanford? Did Zeke ever give up baking? Who knows? Sadly, these are things we will never get to find out because the original Wildcats will not be returning for the making of the fourth movie. Instead, they are going to get a whole new cast for a completely different plot. So much for sticking to the stuff they know.

I understand that they can’t completely remake the same movie, and that Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are a little too old to pass as recently graduated high school students, but who cares? Don’t make a new movie then. I would rather have no movie at all than to have one that is a total disappointment.

We all know very well that when sequels are created with new characters and plots, they almost never measure up to expectations set by the original movies and characters. For example, if you have ever seen Grease 2 or Mean Girls 2, you would know that these sequels were a huge let-down and did nothing but disappoint. Nothing against you if you are a fan of these movies, but in my opinion, they were a complete waste of 90 minutes. Michelle Pfeifer vying for the love of Maxwell Claufield is nothing compared to the power couple of Sandy and Danny. As for Mean Girls 2, having a bunch of Disney Channel stars attempting to compare to Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams is definitely not fetch. High School Musical 4 will be just another one of these disappointing sequels, a disgrace to the movies we all know and love. Besides, what’s High School Musical without Troy and Gabriella?

The new movie is supposedly going to be about a girl named Erin who is the only girl on the boys soccer team. Erin is crushing on the stereotypical “bad boy,” a boy named Derrick who is also a very talented dancer. Campbell, the team captain, who happens to be Sharpe and Ryan’s cousin, has his eye on Erin. Campbell is not only the star on the field, but also the star of the theatre, but probably not as good as Troy Bolton, of course. If you ask me, I think it sounds like just another cliche love triangle that really has nothing to do with the rest of the movies.

In my opinion, when it comes to making another High School Musical movie, we should definitely stick to the status quo. We need to get our heads in the game and realize that a new movie is never going to measure up to the originals, but, who knows? Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe this could be the start of something new…but probably not.

View Comments(1)

Breaking Blue • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (1)

All comments are moderated and can be tracked back to the original user/computer.
All Breaking Blue Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• M

Madelyn GuinnApr 6, 2016 at 1:37 pm

NICE

Reply
1