After School Snacks
January 31, 2020
Most people are hungry after school and need a snack to hold them over until dinner. Below are five healthy snacks that anyone can make!
- Fruit leathers are a healthier but still tasty version of fruit roll-ups. They consist of two ingredients: stone fruit and water. Boil, blend, bake for 6 hrs at 170F on parchment paper, and slice. Switch up the flavors with different fruits and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup if needed.
- Frozen chocolate-dipped banana slices are a great after school snack for anyone with a sweet tooth. They’re fairly simple; cut up a banana, dip it into melted chocolate, and then freeze.
- Trail mix is another fairly simple and yummy snack to make. Throw a few nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, and maybe Chex mix into a bag and shake it up. It’s quick, easy, and decently healthy.
- Apples and peanut butter is a classic snack. Simply chop up an apple, throw some peanut butter on a plate, and you’re good to go! Soy “peanut” butter can also be used for anyone with peanut allergies.
- Apple cinnamon chips are a great way to change up fruit. Cut an apple into thin slices and add cinnamon and sugar to them. Pop them in an air fryer or oven for 5-8 minutes and you have a delicious snack.
These snacks are quick and easy for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of extra time on their hands. They are bound to be a hit among friends and family members!