Finding The Good In 2020
January 8, 2021
Since a lot of attention was shed on all of the bad things that happened last year, in 2021, Breaking Blue has decided to shine a light on all of the great things that happened:
- Crayola produced a new crayon box full of the different skin colors of the world.
- NASA named its Washington D.C. headquarters after their first Black female engineer, Mary W. Jackson.
- For the first time in 23 seasons, ABC cast their first Black male lead in “The Bachelor”.
- A 103-year-old woman beat COVID-19.
- There’s is a presidential election coming up!
- Three men were saved from the Pacific Islands by writing S.O.S. in the sand.
- Lego is launching braille bricks.
- Beer that was not sold during quarantine, in Australia, is now being used as renewable energy.
- Africa is free of wild poliovirus.
- 2,000-year-old redwoods survived the Northern California fires.
- An Ohio man built a nut bar for squirrels in his backyard.
- Over 250 million trees were planted in India.
- A glove that translates ASL to speech was invented.
- Alyssa Nakken made history as the first woman to coach on the field during a major league game (MLB).
- A boy with cerebral palsy completed a marathon.
- Coffee Chain “Dutch Bros” donated all of their April profits to first responders.
- A malfunction at an Italian winery caused wine to leak through the town’s pipes and faucets.
- Terri Bryant launched a makeup line that is specifically designed to help those with Parkinson’s apply makeup more easily.
- Netflix launched “Netflix Party,” a way to stream with friends online.
- Thirty thousand pounds of leftover food, from the Super Bowl, was donated to five shelters in Southern Florida.