The G’s Recipes: The Snack Table
November 8, 2021
Hello and welcome to (or back to) The G’s Recipes! We’re two girls with a love for food. We’ll be posting recipes regularly, so come back for some delicious ideas.
Every good birthday party has an amazing snack table. We suggest these mouthwatering snacks.
Even if you have pizza as the main course, you should try these Pizza Bite Cupcakes!
You will need 2 puff pastry cans, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and any toppings of your choice (ex: pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, etc.).
- Place the puff pastry in the cups of the cupcake pan. We suggest either oiling the pan or using cupcake liners.
- Add some of the sauce, cheese, toppings, more sauce, and finally some more cheese. With the toppings and cheese, you can add any amount you would like.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 º F.
- Let cool.
Along with those bites, you should have some Happy Birthday Happy Mix.
You will need a full box of Rice Chex, a full bag of M&M’s, 5 ounces of peanuts, a bag of pretzel sticks, and sprinkles.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix well and serve.
On the topic of trail mix, Birthday Chow is a chocolatey version.
You will need a full box of Rice Chex, a full bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, ¾ cup of peanut butter, ½ cup of unsalted butter, and powdered sugar to taste.
- Melt Chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Place Chex in a bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over the Chex.
- Mix. Tip: Do not mix out all of the chunks. The chunks make it so much better!
- Pour powdered sugar over the mix. Make sure that the Chex is completely covered by the mix.
- Serve immediately or chill until time to serve.
Add some more sweet crunch with Caramel Crunch Popcorn! 😛
You will need a bag of unpopped, unbuttered store-bought popcorn (choice is yours!), salt, 1 cup of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, and last but not least ½ tsp of baking soda.
- Make the popcorn. (Obviously!)
- Salt the popcorn to your liking and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and put it over medium heat. Add brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Bring the mixture of butter and brown sugar to boil. Once reaching a boil, allow it to cook for 4 minutes before adding the vanilla extract. Continue to boil for one more minute, and add baking powder.
- Drizzle the caramel mixture over the set-aside popcorn. With a spoon, gently mix the popcorn and caramel.
- If you want, you can serve immediately, but watch out — it is hot! You could also put the mixture onto a cookie sheet, cover it in aluminum, let it cool, and then serve.
“Sweet”ish Meatballs take some time to cook but they are easy to eat.
You will need meatballs (refer to our Marvelous Meatballs story ), grape jelly, and barbeque sauce.
- Pour grape jelly and barbeque sauce into a crockpot.
- Add the meatballs into the pot.
- Mix meatballs and the sauce until the meatballs are fully covered
- Cook for 2-3 hours on low.
Birthday Surprise in a blanket is a delicious version of pigs in a blanket.
You will need 1(8-ounce) tube of croissants rolls, 1 (12-ounce) package of mini cocktail weiners, 4 tbsp. melted butter, and coarse salt for sprinkling.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent sheets and tear where perforated. Cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
- Place one cocktail weiner on the thick side of each triangle then gently roll to the thinner side.
- Transfer to a medium baking sheet, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
These fun ideas will add some fun to your snack table and smiles in your belly. Hope you loved our touch of G spice!