Blueberry Cake Recipe
This cake recipe is perfect for all the blueberry & cake lovers out there. There are roughly 10 ingredients, and this recipe takes around 40 minutes in total.
November 3, 2022
- One cup of blueberries is recommended, but you can add as little or as many as you’d like
- One box of vanilla cake mix
- Three eggs
- One teaspoon of fresh lemon zest (optional)
- ½ cup of milk
- ⅓ cup of olive, vegetable, or canola oil
- ⅓ cup of flour
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- Two tablespoons of salted & melted butter
- One container of cream cheese icing
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit & add the cake mix to a large mixing bowl
2. In a smaller & separate mixing bowl, add three eggs, ½ cup of milk, ⅓ cup of oil, & one teaspoon of lemon zest. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the cake mix. Mix with a rubber spatula until smooth.
4. Before you add the blueberries to the cake, you want to rinse them & make sure you pat them dry. You also want to coat your blueberries with flour, this helps them to not sink while the cake is baking.
5. Carefully fold the blueberries into the mix until completely submerged.
6. Spray a 9×13 cake pan with pan spray, then add the cake mix.
7. Bake the cake mix for 20 minutes (time may vary depending on your oven), & check with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
8. While the cake is baking, you need to make the crumble topping. Add ⅓ cup of flour, ⅓ cup of brown sugar, & two tablespoons of butter. Mix until it is solid with a crumbly texture.
9. When your cake is done baking and has cooled, you can add the icing and streusel, which is a brown sugar crumble. Add as much cream cheese icing as you’d like & smooth it so it covers the whole cake.
10. Add your streusel topping, cut, & enjoy